Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Weigh Day

By Sandy

Ok - I guess all of you remember last week when I was distraught on Weigh Day.  I had gained all my weight back and just felt basically like crap!  Well - a couple things happened last week.

1 - it rained a lot, so I didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted to.

and 2 - I gave myself a break and didn't really stress out about the weight gain. 

Oh - I pretty much stuck to my plan (except for over the weekend I was kinda cheaty) but No sodas, exercised 3 times, took my vitamin, and ate well and GUESS WHAT...  I lost 6 pounds in the last week!!  The picture above is 5 lbs of fat.  And that is not me holding it (that chick is too skinny to be me).  Do I really think that I lost that much in a week??  NO!  But it just goes to show you how much your weight can fluctuate due to many factors - stress, lack of motivation, lack of encouragement, not exercising, stress eating all add up to a gain or worse they add up to going completely off your program.

I am notorious for saying "screw it, I can't do it, it's too hard, all I ever do is gain...."  And what this has done, is messed up my system to the point that my body doesn't know WHAT to do!!!  Hopefully I will get it back on track.  So for those of you who are counting (see my page at the top) I have lost 6 pounds total and it has been 4 weeks.  That is not a big weight loss - I would like to have had 8 instead of 6 but I think if I stick with it, the results will get better.  Once my body realizes that I am not going to give up.

So, tell me...How was your week???  Leave me some love and encouragement in the form of a comment.  Let me know what you are doing that works and that doesn't...

2 comments:

  1. Yay Sandy! *waving pom poms and doing a cheerleader dance* So proud of you bb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for perservering!! Its such a mental game we play with ourselves! Great job!!!
    I also had weigh day today and I have lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks! Whoohoo! *Happy dance* I hurt my back last week and didnt work out at all, but stuck with my diet. It really made me lose momentum and it was SO hard to work out again, but I THINK i am back on track for this week!
    You can do it!!!!
    Love ya,
    Gina
    (aka. ginareads, aka gingerbread) lol

    ReplyDelete