Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Every Journey

By Sandy

You know they say "Even the Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with the First Step".  Well, I think that is true.  In order for me to see where I am going and make a plan to get there.  I need to know where I am starting out. 

You know, I think it's funny that I am writing a blog about weight loss.  Because I have struggled with this issue my WHOLE LIFE.  I can remember begging my Mama for a snack and she Insisting that all I could have was an apple.  I didn't want an apple.  I wanted potato chips - because that's what all the other kids were eating.  Why did I have to be the Fat Kid?  Why couldn't I have high metabolism like everyone else?  And this has pretty much been my Mantra my whole life.  "This isn't fair, Why Me - This is Hard, No one else has to do this..."  But the truth is, lots of people have problems controlling their weight and what goes into their mouths.  I am not alone.  And the more we talk and complain about a situation, the worse it looks, until the problem looms larger in our mind than our faith does. 

Today I took the first step to see where I am on my journey.  And the fact of the matter is - I am at the beginning.  The view from atop that scale was not a pretty one, it seems very scary.  The last thing I want to do is fail - while blogging - on the Internet, in front of you.  But I can't really fail, because it's not about reaching the end.  I will be living with myself for the rest of my life.  This journey is about doing something for me - getting healthy - looking better - feeling better and living everyday.  I have a goal - 150 pounds.  And I'd like to reach that in a year.  Can I do it? 

I will be following the Weight Watcher's basic plan.  The one that I have paid to follow so many times.  I will be weighing 1 time per week (on Monday).  I will be drinking 8 glasses of water every day.  I will take a vitamin every day.  I will eat 5 fruits and vegetables everyday.  I will exercise 20 minutes every day (I'm not going to push more that that right now).  And I will be writing down everything I eat and keeping track of my points the best I can.   

I will be charting my success (and my set backs) on my page - see above.  I haven't created the chart yet, but it will be there soon.  I don't know what plan Mandy will be following - but I wanted to detail mine, so when I don't do what I'm supposed to be doing, I can look back and see what I did wrong.  Thank you for following us.  I hope you will find some encouragement and take this journey with us.  Have a Great Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment