Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mid-Week Checkup

By Sandy - You know, I'm a picture girl.  So I like to add pictures to posts, I think it makes them so much more entertaining and interesting.  When looking for a picture for "Mid-Week Checkup"  I realized that people are really mean to overweight people.  I mean, I have known this all my life, but I have insulated myself against it.  I am a Mommy first and foremost, so I guess I have eyes for kids stuff and I am able to ignore anyone looking at me in a bad way.  Also I have surrounded myself with Church Friends.  Now, I'm not saying that Church people aren't mean - they are human - but they seem to be more accepting than some.  Khevin (my husband) and I go to church most of the time that we are not at home.  So really, the only time I am exposed to people who could be mean to me is if I go to WallMart or the Grocery Store and I never go alone.  I always either have Khevin or my daughter with me.  So I don't experience the nastiness that is out there.  But looking for a picture to use for this post - OMG - I can't believe how heavy women are made fun of and treated.  The pictures I found broke my heart.  If I had to look at those pictures everyday, I might not eat another bite.  Let me take this opportunity to remind you that fat has feelings.  If you touch yourself in your most heavy part you can feel it.  If you cut yourself there it will hurt and if someone is mean to you it is devastating.  I am so Thankful for my online friends who never judge me for appearances.  You guys are just here for me no matter what and that is such a special thing to me!!

Now, Mid-Week - I have done really good with my eating.  I have been very healthy and I have cut down on the sodas a lot!!  I have been drinking water - and Crystal Light iced tea with lemon.  If you like Lemon in your tea, this is really a delicious alternative to soda.  Juice is good - but if you look at the label most juice has a lot of calories.  I haven't been real good about writing my food down.  I think the first time I ate a fig newton I decided I didn't want to write it down.  But I still need to and I will start again RIGHT AWAY.  Writing my food down just gives me an idea of where I am spending my calories and how.  What time of the day I am hungry so I can plan a little better.  Have you noticed that Healthy Food is SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than fast food???  You would think it would be the other way around with this push to get healthy.  Some good snacks I have had - Pear (I love pears), carrots of course, light popcorn (be careful here they get heavy if you aren't paying attention), and bananas.  As you can tell I love fruit.  I have not had hamburger (I had a Greek salad instead), My family and I have eat mostly chicken all week no red meat, and I have been able to say "No" to the girl scout cookies so far.

Exercise - ok here is a challenge.  I want to walk, I love to walk, love it - but it's been raining all week.  I don't have any machines at home and I don't have a gym membership.  What should I do for exercise??  I try dancing - I like that.  Stretching is good too and a little ab work...(yeah I have abs).  But I need something that I can do that I enjoy as much as walking except do it inside.  What do you suggest?  As you can tell, I haven't done a lot of exercise.

I had to go shopping this week.  My boss told me to "Dress Up" for a meeting and I don't have a lot of dressy clothes so off I went to Catherines.  They are the only place around here that has clothes I feel comfortable in.  I really didn't want to buy clothes.  I am in a size 5x.  Yeah that is big - I hate being this size and to have to buy MORE clothes in this size is the pits.  I promised myself no more size 5x - but there I was at Catherines buying more.  I don't want to buy anymore clothes until I can buy a really smaller size.  Here is where your encouragement is needed.  I really felt like crap - and I don't want to be that person anymore.

Anyhoo - that's my week so far.  I REALLY wanted to weigh today to see if I was making progress, but I held off.  I want Monday to be a good day with a healthy amount of weight loss.  I love you for reading mine and Mandy's blog.  Hey Mandy...How was your week?  You Spring Break Silly Sista!!!

8 comments:

  1. I cry when I have to buy new clothes. I hope that one day I will enjoy shopping, but for now it just makes me anxious. People are mean & horrible to overweight people. The worst is the assumption that I'm overweight because I just don't care or because I like to be this way. That's not the case at all, I have a serious problem w/food. I wish you & Mandy luck in your journeys. I hope I can one day join you guys & be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that just from reading your post here I think your a beautiful person. When I started losing weight, I had to go buy some new clothes for reason other than yours I had just told myself,"T. No more size 24s no matter what you" so I know who defeating it can be having to go back on your word like that. Please don't feel bad. Remember there are people out there that aren't doing anything about their weight and you are at least trying.
    Writing down what you eat and when is a smart idea I never thought of it. As for the indoor exercise Roomie and I started beginning belly dancing when no one else was around. It was fun and helped us losed weight.
    Keep up the good work ladies. I am sure it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look - comments for you!!! weighed myself this morning, yeah so that was a kick up the butt let me tell ya.

    I must stop making fat jokes at my own expense.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snix - I give you a big hug! {{hug}} Thank you for the comment and please stop making jokes of any kind at your own expense! You are a blessing and a treasure and very important to me!! I don't want you to treat my friend like that!

    Iris - not sure about bellie dancing! I am not sure I can get my hips to move like that - LOL!! Thank you for your kind encouragement!!

    Ashley - you can work with us if you like!! We are here for you if you need us!!

    I love you **Muah**
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have stairs? up and down stairs works. do you have a mall? Hike around it. Many where I live open early in wet and cold weather for walkers.
    oh, the cost of healthy food. It is freaking ridiculous!!!. When cooking, can you cut your basic ground beef with turkey? I do half and half, or sometimes all ground turkey instead of beef. Needs more spices, as turkey is quite bland, but it can be used almost anywhere ground beef is. plain greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream. Make your own sauces with skim or evaporated skim milk instead of cream of something soups in casseroles. That helps. you can saute with chicken broth instead of oils. I'm learning too.

    Keep it up...it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Sncmom!! Thank you for the tip!! I don't have stairs or a mall :-( I guess I am stuck dancing to my MP3 player. I've been making up motions to my favorite songs - I use a lot of energy that way!!!

    Thank you for reading!! Always leave a comment when we post, we like to talk to people!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up Sandy! You're doing great! Sounds like you're doing great foodwise. As for exercise, try googling 'inside workouts'. There are some really creative things you can do with just a chair and other household items. The cardio is hard though, but just try to move as much as possible.
    As for the clothes. Just remember...your past is your past...this is a clean slate now. Don't hold on to the promises you made yourself before. Focus on the ones you've made to yourself now. I love you, and you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, keep going girl! I know it sucks. I hate buying clothes with a passion. I hate when I see something that looks adorable on the hanger and then I try it on and I'm like "seriously? You thought you could wear that?" I love the clothes in Torrid, and then I put it on and luckily my sis comes with to take pics and I see how I look and hang it right back on the rack. Just because they make it in my size, does not mean I should wear it.

    I inherited a treadmill and used that for a while, but it crapped out on me and the weather has not been very cooperative either. So here's what I do. I have a "step" that I've had for like FOREVER. I put on any DVD that I own that has RPattz in it and just step up and down. As long as I have Rob for a distraction, I can get it done! LOL It really works for me when I can get off my ass and do it!

    ReplyDelete