Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Yea! It's Weigh Day!!

By Sandy

Ok - Weigh Day won't always start off with Yea!  But today it does.  Today is my first weigh in on my program.  I WISH I could tell you that I lost 15 pounds, but the truth of the matter is, I lost 2.  That is a healthy weight loss for a week.  Now, some weeks I will lose more and some weeks I will lose less and some weeks I will gain (but I hope not many).  This week I lost 2 pounds.  I guess you are asking me Sandy, why is there a plate of butter in your post today???  Go ahead - Ask Me!! **giggle**

Well - 4 sticks of butter equals 1 pound.  So, I lost 8 sticks of butter.  That doesn't sound like much really, but let me give you another visual.  What if you took those 8 sticks of butter and smeared them all over your body?  Ewwwwwwwwww right?  Yuck!  Well, basically, what I have done is melt 8 sticks of butter off my body.  This particular weight loss didn't really come from any specific area, and you could argue that it was "just water weight" and I could gain it back tomorrow - and you would be right.  In the beginning we DO lose a lot of water.  That is why it is so important to keep up with the 8 glasses of water per day, because you are losing fluid that is heavy and weighed down with poisons and you want to put clean  beautiful clear water back in it's place.  Did you know that your body is made up of 75% water?  That is really a lot huh?  No wonder water is so important.  If you drink 8 glasses of water a day it will increase memory, it will also help your joints feel better, it will also make your hair, skin and nails look better.  Just plain old water.  So try to drink more water today and less soda - or less sugar sweetened drinks.

Did I do perfect on my plan this week?  NO!!  I didn't exercise everyday, I didn't write down in my journal every day, I didn't get 5 fruits and vegetables every day - but the water, that's what I did do.  And I was conscious of what I was putting in my mouth.  I am trying so hard to go slow.  I tend to jump in with both feet and then get burned out too soon.  I cut out soda this week and I exercised twice - and I lost 2 pounds.  So, just think how FANTASTIC I could have done if I had kept to the program!!!  Oh well, maybe next week.  I am not going to beat myself up for it this week, I am too happy to at least be making progress and you know what else I'm happy about?  YOU!!  That's right, you make the biggest difference in my weight loss by encouraging me and when I see a new follower - I get so EXCITED!!  I get to have another new friend.

I hope you are having a Great Day today!!  Leave me some love in the form of a comment.  I am going to try to stay on task a little better this week.  I HOPE that next week I will have another loss.  Thank you for taking the time to read Across the Miles and Pounds!!

3 comments:

  1. Like I said, I'm so proud of you Sandy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Any amount of loss and or not gain is a good job in my book. You are right weight loss journey is an up and down some weeks you lose more. Some weeks you gain. The point is your really trying and not giving up! Keep up the good work ladies! I will be rooting for you.
    <3,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm late here, but GREAT JOB! I know it's not always about the number on the scale, but when that number goes down, it feels soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete