Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

An Introduction from Mandy

For those who don't know me, my name is Mandy. I'm a little over 2 months away from being 24, going to school as a Psychology major, and I have been overweight all my life. I've dieted successfully two times previously, in 2003 I lost almost 53 pounds. Yet sooner or later I always drifted back to my unhealthy eating habits.
So this time around I was looking for something different. When Sandy suggested we start a blog, I thought maybe that could be the 'something different' that I needed. Though my home of Pennsylvania (you were close with Ohio Sandy) is far away from Sandy, we've found that the support that can be garnered from online friends and communities is amazing.
Part of this blog is about me. It's a place where I can put all my scattered thoughts, my good days and my bad days, down in one place. But it's also about something bigger than just me. I hope to remind everyone who is struggling with weight loss that there is no 'perfect way', no magic quick fix, and it's okay to have a bad day. I want you to know that you are not alone in your journey. I hope that this can be a place where we can support and inspire each other. Two hearts together create more strength than one heart alone. Most of all, as the title of this blog suggests, I want you all to know that this is about more than just numbers. It's about giving ourselves a better quality of life. Because we deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. oh I like knowing where you are from **snicker* I love the picture my friend. I guess you like the blog? Let me know if there is anything you would like to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy! Thank you for this blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know you girls and encourage each other. I need all the encouragement I can get. I was just commenting to Sandy that I started a similar blog last year, but it kinda fell to the wayside. Here's to new beginnings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete